NSDL has released a version 4.5 of the e-TDS File Validation Utility (FVU) on 20th December. TaxCloud's TDS Software has been updated to add support for this latest FVU version.
Below are the changed made in FVU 4.5:
- Adding of Section 194LBA
- Section 194LBA deals with payment of certain income from units of a Business Trust
- Is applicable for Non-Salary TDS returns (Form 26Q) and NRI TDS returns (Form 27Q)
- Rate of TDS is 10% for Residents and 5% for Non-Residents
- Section 194LBA is applicable only from FY 2014-15 Q3 onwards only.
- Adding of Section 194DA
- Section 194DA deals with payment of insurance amount
- Is applicable for Non-Salary TDS returns (Form 26Q) only
- Rate of TDS is 2%
- Section 194DA is also applicable only from FY 2014-15 Q3 onwards.
You can read the official list of changes to the FVU utility here.